To provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude required for safe patient handling.
- On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain their legal rights and responsibilities
- Explain how the musclo-skeletal system can get injured
- Identify risk factors associated with patient handling
- Apply the principles of safe lifting to inanimate objects
- Apply the principles of safe lifting to animate objects
- Handle patients safely
- Risk Assessment
- Control Measures
- Principles of Safe lifting
- Principles of Safe Patient Handling
- Principles of Safe Patient Handling and Team work
- Use of hoists and Lifting Equipment
QQI Level 6
Participants will receive a Patient Handling certificate valid for 2 years.