We offer training in Manual Handling & Patient Moving Training fulfilling the HSA requirements to FETAC Standards 2010.
Duration: Half Day
To provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge & skills to lift safely.
- List the main duties of the employer & employee under the SHWW Act 2007
- Describe 3 main steps an employer must take regarding the manual handling regulations
- Identify key components of the spine
- List the main muscle groups
- Explain the purpose during lifting
- Explain the difference between a Hazard & a Risk
- Identify Risk factors using T.I.L.E
- List the benefits of stretching
- Perform stretching exercises safely
- Lift safely
FETAC Level 6
Participants will receive a Manual Handling Certificate valid for 2 years.
To provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude required for safe patient handling.
- On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain their legal rights and responsibilities
- Explain how the musclo-skeletal system can get injured
- Identify risk factors associated with patient handling
- Apply the principles of safe lifting to inanimate objects
- Apply the principles of safe lifting to animate objects
- Handle patients safely
- Risk Assessment
- Control Measures
- Principles of Safe lifting
- Principles of Safe Patient Handling
- Principles of Safe Patient Handling and Team work
- Use of hoists and Lifting Equipment
FETAC Level 6
Participants will receive a Patient Handling certificate valid for 2 years.
For more information on these or any other courses, you can contact us by calling Mary on 086 8414236