Duration: Half Day
To provide learners with an understanding of the knowledge & skills to lift safely.
- List the main duties of the employer & employee under the SHWW Act 2007
- Describe 3 main steps an employer must take regarding the manual handling regulations
- Identify key components of the spine
- List the main muscle groups
- Explain the purpose during lifting
- Explain the difference between a Hazard & a Risk
- Identify Risk factors using T.I.L.E
- List the benefits of stretching
- Perform stretching exercises safely
- Lift safely
QQI Level 6
Participants will receive a Manual Handling Certificate valid for 2 years.